1. Last week we received the sad news that Steve has decided to resign from the choir, at least until the end of the year. Steve has been a member of TRS for 7 years, 6 of those years as a board member and an incredible 5 years as either President, secretary or treasurer. I’m sure I don’t need to say just what an immense contribution he has made, vocally as well as more broadly to our little family. While he is pursuing other interests, let’s all stay in touch and keep on at him to rejoin us next year!
2. Welcome to Paul’s friend Stephanie who joined us for a sing in the alto section last week.
3. We have received the programme for Fremantle which has been sent around. We will refine the set list and decide when we are singing what over the next week or so.
4. As you know we have been approached by a UWA doctoral student who is conducting research into adult choral groups, wondering if we would like to participate in a research study. It would involve a survey completed by members (5 minutes), observation and questions. Although Marianne sent off the consent on behalf of the choir yesterday (thanks Marianne), they require individual consent from members. If you want to participate, please fill out and send in the consent form directly in the next day or so.
5. Finally, I had the pleasure of seeing our Coralie perform with Iris on Saturday at Fairbridge. Just thought it was worth a mention how lucky we are to have her :) Well done Coz.
See you on Thursday,