***NO REHEARSAL TOMORROW NIGHT***
1. A reminder that we have no rehearsal tomorrow night (18 April) because of Maundy Thursday.
2. Thank you for the turn out and support at the Special General Meeting last Thursday. We will upload the minutes and new Rules to the website soon.
3. It was bittersweet to farewell Carole as we had an extended jukebox time with her favourites last Thursday. Carole, we all wish you the very best for your new adventure and don’t forget to exercise those life membership privileges and join us at rehearsals and gigs whenever you can!! A huge thank you to you and Rodney for hosting us and putting on an amazing spread for us on Saturday night (and special mention to Geoff for the delicious cake). The altos presented Carole with a very suitable parting gift - a fancy bottle of gin and tumblers!
Last Thursday we also sang:
The Birds Lullaby (ladies only)
Make your own kind of music
When the earth stands still
The parting glass
The Nearness of You
If I fell in love with you (Beatles)
4. One thing that came up at our Board Meeting on 8 April was that as we are now moving into flu season, this year we have members with suppressed immune systems. So just a gentle reminder to be mindful of your germs (coughing, sneezing, etc.) and contain them where possible.
5. Please update your details with Vicki if your details on the contact list she sent out last week are incorrect.
6. There is a rehearsal as normal next week (Anzac Day) except that ladies will commence at 7pm to work on The Birds Lullaby (please listen to your parts in preparation) and gentlemen will join us at 7.30pm ready to sing.
Have a lovely Easter break filled with hot cross buns and chocolate!